Date: Monday, November 16th; 10:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Vancouver Public Library – 350 W Georgia St. (Promenade and Lower Rooms)
INSPIRATIONAL SPEAKERS • LOTS OF EXHIBITORS • HIRING COMPANIES • ONSITE RESUMÉ CLINIC
SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOP • IELTS TEST PREP INFO • ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION CLASS • + MORE!
The third annual Vancouver Career, Education and Settlement Fair is coming back to the Vancouver Public Library (350 West Georgia St.) on Monday, Nov. 16, 2015, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. offering a unique and exciting environment for immigrants who are looking for information and inspiration as they look for jobs, go back to school, and settle into their new home. Free admission!
Presented by Scotiabank and in association with IELTS Canada – British Council, this event builds on the success of our last two fairs at the same dynamic venue. The fairs have featured diverse exhibitors from the career, education and settlement sectors, including several employers who were hiring!
The free event includes:
– A tradeshow of exhibitors including employers (several hiring onsite), settlement agencies and educational institutes (including Gold Sponsor IDP-IELTS);
– Many hiring companies onsite (including Gold Sponsor City of Vancouver);
– Immigration consultant Neera Agnihotri onsite to answer questions about immigration and sponsorship;
– Inspirational speakers’ program, including keynote address by Iman Aghay (pre-register online);
– Our popular day-long Resumé Clinic sponsored by MOSAIC (sign up onsite for a 15-minute one-on-one appointment)
– A new Health Care Careers Clinics (come ask your questions to our experts from 10:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
– A new Small Business Clinic (come ask your questions to our expert, Gary Bizzo, from 12:45 – 3 p.m.)
– An English pronunciation workshop to help newcomers speak clearly in their new language (pre-register online);
– A social media workshop to help immigrants learn how to network effectively online (pre-register online);
– A session on how to stay in Canada permanently via the Express Entry system (pre-register online);
– Information on taking the IELTS English test (pre-register online);
– Information on credential licensing for accounting as a CPA and as an engineering technologist
– and much more!
“With a three-pronged approach of settlement, careers and education, the Fair brings to life our mission to inform, educate and motivate new Canadians,” said Gautam Sharma, group publisher of Canadian Immigrant. This is a must-attend event for new immigrants in Canada. Our goal is to inform and motivate new Canadians as they begin and continue their settlement journey. We aim to provide essential information and tips on job hunting, accreditation, upgrading of education, looking for a home and more.
PRE-REGISTER ONLINE: canadianimmigrant.ca/careerfair/vancouver
Want to participate as an exhibitor or sponsor?
Contact Alla Gordeeva at email@example.com or 1-778-558-3397