Industrial Sewer Training
Free career training course which includes Workplace Communication, Industrial Sewing techniques and Job Readiness. The course is designed to prepare you for an entry level position as an Industrial Sewer in BC’s rapidly growing apparel and soft accessories industry.
Consider what apparel manufacturing has to offer!
Manufacturers Need You
BC apparel design and manufacturing companies are reporting a major shortage of industrial sewers. The industry needs to train at least 2,600 Industrial Sewers before 2025 to meet demand for growth and replacement of retiring workers. Industrial sewing is a critical component of BC’s premium and performance apparel industry.
You must be:
• A permanent Resident or Canadian citizen
• Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4 or equivalency
• Unemployed and Eligible, Employed but Underemployed, or Employed but Low-Skilled
• Able to commit to 8 weeks of full-time training
Are you a Suitable Candidate?
• Enjoy working with your hands?
• Have good finger dexterity?
• Enjoy problem solving?
What is Learned
Workplace Communication Skills
Industrial Machine Safety and Operation
Basic Seams and Finishing
Product Parts: pockets, zippers and trims
Intro to Outwear, Sportswear and Soft Accessories
Job Entry Skills and Assistance