Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) Training
This 8 hour course is designed to introduce the fundamentals of a Joint Health and Safety Committee and to provide JHSC members with the tools necessary to effectively carry out their general duties and OHS activities.
• the duties and functions of a joint committee
• the rules of procedure of the joint committee
• the requirements around conducting incident investigations
• the requirements around conducting regular workplace inspections, and how to make regular inspections
• the requirements around responding to a refusal of unsafe work
• the requirements for annually evaluating the joint committee
Participation in this course meets the requirements of section 3.27 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) Course Dates:
If choosing a day when all your JHSC staff are free is a challenge, consider registering them in one of our scheduled courses. These are offered on the last Thursday of every month so that your staff can take the training on an as needed/when-available basis.
August 30, 2018
September 27, 2018
October 25, 2018
We also offer customized training that works with your schedule. This can be delivered in our Richmond-based classroom or at your site.
For more information or to register contact:
604-900-1980 ext. 136