Electrical Safety Training System Non Electrical Workers 2015 Standard
ELECTRICAL SAFETY TRAINING SYSTEM NON-ELECTRICAL WORKERS ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This course is designed specifically for non-electrical workers who typically use, apply, and/or operate electrical equipment in the workplace or work in close proximity to overhead power lines. It will inform you about the associated hazards and risks and explain how to protect yourself from being potentially exposed to electrical shock and arc flash hazards.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how electricity is produced and distributed
- Identify shock and arc flash electrical hazards
- Understand normal and abnormal conditions of energized electrical equipment
- Summarize your roles and responsibilities
- Apply safe electrical work practices
- Explain emergency response procedures for electrical incidents
This course provides awareness training that is not specific to any region or country; therefore, it is important to familiarize yourself with and follow your employer?s specific policies and practices.This course was developed by a leading electrical safety subject matter expert with over 22 years of experience as an electrical engineer. In addition to having vast experience as an independent electrical safety consultant, the developer was the first Vice-Chair of the CSA Z462 Workplace Electrical Safety Technical Committee and is currently a CSA Z462 voting member and leader of Working Group 8 annexes.