LOCKOUT TAGOUT ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
Lockout Tagout is a technique that uses locks or tags to control or remove hazardous energy when performing maintenance on machinery. Lockout Tagout was number 5 on OSHA?s Top 10 ?Most Frequently Cited Violations? in 2011. This online Lockout Tagout course will increase understanding of the key elements of the Lockout Tagout regulation 29CFR 1910.147, Subpart J, Control of Hazardous Energy issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This course is intended for workers, supervisors, and others who are seeking to understand the general requirements for the Lockout Tagout regulation.
LOCKOUT TAGOUT ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- Purpose of lockout tagout
- What is hazardous energy?
- Identifying when lockout tagout is needed
- Development of formal procedures
- Identification and review of the 9 steps used
- Application of the lockout tagout program under special situations
This course was created using standards that will allow playback on most internet capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple?s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.