Deliver accurate NORM surveys using the Ludlum 3-97 radiation survey meter
Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM)
- Hazardous Materials
NATURALLY OCCURRING RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL (NORM) ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEWThis online Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) course aims to equip workers who may be exposed to NORM with a basic knowledge and understanding of NORM and the Ludlum 3-97 radiation survey meter. Workers should then be able to safely survey for gamma, alpha, and beta radiation as well as accurately provide clients with the results of NORM surveys.
NATURALLY OCCURRING RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL (NORM) ONLINE COURSE TOPICS:
UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLEThis course was created using standards that will allow playback on most Internet-capable devices with standard web browsing capabilities including Apple?s iTouch, iPad, and iPhone, as well as most other smart phones and tablets including those with Android and Windows operating systems.
- NORM and its sources
- Ionizing radiation
- Annual effective radiation dose limit in Canada
- Operation of the Ludlum 3-97 radiation survey meter
- How to perform background radiation tests
- How to calculate and convert radiation measurements
- Gamma, alpha, and beta radiation surveys
- How to provide the results of a NORM survey