Spill Prevention, Control, And Countermeasure Plans
This online Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans course will help learners identify the cause and effects of spillage and understand regulations and requirements for spill prevention plans.
SPILL PREVENTION, CONTROL, AND COUNTERMEASURE PLANS COURSE OVERVIEWAccording to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), many of the 14,000 oil spills reported each year are caused by industry activities resulting from storage tanks rupturing, pipeline leaks, and oil transport accidents. These spills present a significant threat to the environment and often require specially trained emergency response personnel to contain and clean up the spills. Some spills are so significant that they may require help from local and state agencies and the federal government.
SPILL PREVENTION, CONTROL AND COUNTERMEASURE PLANS COURSE TOPICS
- Harmful effects of spilled oil
- Applicable laws and regulations for oil pollution prevention
- The purpose and general requirements of a facility SPCC Plan
- General operating procedures designed to prevent spills
- General control measures to prevent an oil spill from reaching navigable waters and adjoining shorelines
- Basic countermeasures for stopping a spill from reaching the environment
- How to respond to facility shutdown and evacuation