This online course gives a comprehensive overview of Ontario Bill 168, BC Bill 14 and the Canadian Human Rights Act as they relate to respectful workplace conduct.
The Respectful Workplace
THE RESPECTFUL WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online course for managers, supervisors and employees describes the characteristics of a respectful workplace, demonstrates various types of harassment and bullying, and gives a comprehensive overview of Ontario Bill 168, BC Bill 14 and the Canadian Human Rights Act as they relate to respectful workplace conduct.
The course identifies the responsibilities of employers, supervisors, and workers with regard to prevention and response, and provides
practical strategies to improve communication and create a positive workplace environment
The unique "edutainment" format brings key issues and learning points to life with interactive discussion and powerful, realistic scenes performed by professional actors.
I-CAB RECOGNIZED COURSE
This content developer is recognized by the International Competency Assessment Board (I-CAB) for its expertise in this subject matter and is listed as a competency development resource for I-CAB assessment participants.
THE RESPECTFUL WORKPLACE ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
- What constitutes harassment, bullying, and retaliation
- The negative impact of non-respectful behaviour
- The difference between impact and intent
- How to effectively prevent harassment and bullying
- How to effectively respond should harassment or bullying occur
- Manager and supervisor responsibilities
- How and why to use the company complaint procedure
- The importance of respectful behaviour in the workplace community